MANDO LACE MANDOLIN SENSOR MOULDED ENDPIN JACK
Lace Music Products is proud to present its latest pickup offering, the Mando-Lace: A passive, easy-to-install pickup for mandolins.
Easy-Install Passive Mandolin Pickup.
Using their experience with other passive Lace Sensors for rising interest in acoustic and Americana instruments, Lace turned to the Mandolin, an instrument with few options when it comes to pickups and amplification. This new pickup features patented Lace technology to bring out the most authentic reproduction of the strings through a passive magnetic pickup.
Competitor Mandolin pickups are, for the most part, active designs and are difficult to install. Feedback and unnatural tones are also a common problems associated with the current types of pickups available today for Mandolin players.
The so-named Mando-Lace pickup, needs no batteries or other equipment for installation. In fact, the installation is simple, takes only minutes, and has the ability to be removed just as fast. Cable wraps around strap end pin
Position: Flat-Top mounting - Under-Bridge design takes seconds.
Position: sound hole
Peak frequency: 4600
Inductance: 1.3 henries
MANDO-LACE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Unscrew the pads from the metal tab on the bridge-facing side of the pickup.
2. Take the pickup and get it under the strings near the bridge, with the metal tab facing the bridge. Slide the metal tab into the gap on the mandolin's bridge between the saddles and the top-mounted bridge base, and then move it towards the E strings to get it centered.
3. Put the pads underneath the metal tab (cork side down), line up the screw holes, and screw the pads back on.
4. Situate the pickup cable out of the way, use the loop in the cable to hang off your lower strap button.
5. Plug an instrument cable into the female jack coming off the pickup, and you're good to go!
HEAT LEVEL: 5
* Adjusted for current driven Alumitone technology
** Adjusted for Dual Side Wound design
*** Ceramic Enhanced
This Heat Index is a comparison for Lace Pickups and our three distinct technological designs. Please note Humbucker and Single Coil pickups use separate scales. Other manufactures use their own scale and criterion.